Thursday, June 2, 2011

Vegetable Tian

It's getting to be that time of year when fresh fruits and veggies are overflowing from produce stands and supermarkets.  I had several veggies begging to be eaten, so I combined them all in a simple vegetable tian.  What you'll need:

-any combination of zucchini, yellow squash, potatoes, and tomatoes.
-onion
-evoo
-thyme
-garlic
-parmigiano reggiano (none of the fake stuff!)

You can probably tell by now that I don't measure ingredients.  Which is why I'm terrible when people ask me for recipes because I don't write anything down!

Sautee diced onion (I used a yellow onion, they're sweeter), fresh cracked black pepper and sea salt in olive oil until translucent. Spread over the bottom of a circular baking dish or ramekin(s).
Next, cut small rounds out of all the vegetables and place in overlapping layers around your baking dish.
Top with S&P, a drizzle of olive oil, fresh thyme, and parm.
Bake covered in foil at 375 degrees for about 40 minutes.  Time will vary depending on the size of your veggies.
EAT! I served my tian with grilled steaks, portobello, and asparagus.  It was a veggie feast!

2 comments:

  1. That looks so delicious, Andrea :o) I love seeing your food pictures!! You make the yummiest looking (and tasting!) meals. I have been savoring summer zucchini lately... I cooked some up with tomato sauce to have with pasta for dinner tonight. Simple & delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dish looks very tasty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete